GP and Practice Manager Employment Law Courses
BMA Scotland Employment Advisers deal with enquiries from GP Practices on a daily basis. We are therefore pleased to offer a variety of full day courses that cover some of the most common issues.
Absence and Leave Management
An in-depth look at the various types of leave that are required under statute or are commonly included in contracts. Key areas covered will include:
- Working Time regulations and impact on annual leave entitlements
- Statutory leave – sickness absence, maternity, adoptive and parental leave
- Other contractual leave – benefits, drawbacks and myths
- Handling sickness absence and developing policies
- Short term v long term absence and how to deal with each
- Involving Occupational health
- Capability procedures
The course will include some interactive sessions where delegates will work through different scenarios and practice how best to deal with problem absenteeism, occupational health issues and even termination of employment on capability grounds. These will be overseen by expert staff who will guide you through the minefield of running meetings related to these problems.
Each course is £55 for a BMA Member or Practice Staff of a Member and £110 for a non-member or practice Staff of a non-member.
BMA members are offered discounts for booking two or three courses. Use discount code GPPM2 when booking two (£5 off per course) and discount code GPPM3 is for three courses at £144.99 in total (£6.67 off per course).
To book, go to: https://www.bma.org.uk/events/2019/april/absence-and-leave-management-kilmarnock
For any other queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org