Enhanced Intermediate Care Team
South Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership
Biggart Hospital, Biggart Road, PRESTWICK KA9 2HQ
Telephone 01292 665720
Vacancy for GP with Special Interest in Intermediate Care
In support of our core purpose of working together to achieve the healthiest life possible for everyone in Ayrshire and Arran we are committed to a culture that is caring, safe and respectful. The post holder is required to work collaboratively in a safe, caring and respectful way.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced GP to join the Intermediate Care & Rehabilitation Services within South Ayrshire. The successful candidate will provide expert clinical care and management of both stable and acutely unwell adults, through autonomous decision making, differential diagnoses, requesting investigations, and putting treatment plans in place for patients with multiple long term conditions and complex co-morbidities. This will also involve liaising with patients’ registered GPs.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team located within an Intermediate Care and Rehabilitation hub on the Biggart Hospital site, as part of the South Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership, to facilitate:
• Early discharge to a homely setting
• Reduction in unplanned acute hospital admissions
The successful candidate will be experienced within the field of older people/adults with complex needs with relevant specialist knowledge. You will also require:-
• Full GMC Registration
• JCPTGP certificate/CCT for General Practice
• Previous experience of working in a Medicine for the Elderly hospital setting
• Have a professional interest in complex care in the community/ intermediate care
• Contemporaneous appraisal and revalidation history
• Full driving licence
• Past evidence of working in a multi-disciplinary team
• Excellent communication skills
• Familiarity with working with clinical software
• Previous experience in rehabilitation
Please note this post will be 10 sessions per week on a full time or part-time basis.
A driving licence is essential for this post.
Informal enquiries are welcomed by: Eddie Gilmartin Registered Services Manager, 01292 665720 or using email http://firstname.lastname@example.org
For job description, person specification, candidate information pack and how to apply, please use the “View Full Vacancy” link.